I'm back!! First, I want to say that I'm still having some trouble with the domain migration (surprise! surprise!). The menu bar isn't working properly, and we are working hard to fix it, so please bear with me. :)
Now, on to more fun things! Today, I'm pleased today to partner with The Pearl Source on a review of their Freshwater Pearl Necklace. To be honest, I'd never given much thought to owning real pearls, since I don't spend much time dining with the Queen of England. I generally thought of pearls as being stuffy and the only way to wear them was to layer them. Boy was I wrong!
How to Look Modern in Pearls:
- Tone them down with denim (Jeans or a jacket. No overalls!)
- Don't tone them down too much by mixing them with obvious costume jewelry. Honestly, I would stick to simple pieces in either sterling silver or gold and that have natural stones (or at least looks like they do). You don't want your real pearls to look like costume jewelry as well.
- Grab your best hand bag. You know the one that you wear on your arm, made of soft leather that's just perfect for strolling through a boutique.
- Ballet flats and a classic red pout are sophisticated, yet modern.
- Pair them with a thin sweater or thin white/ black tee. (Your nicest tee. Not the one you got from the thrift store with your favorite band on it.)
Voila! A perfect day look!
How do you wear your pearls?
JEGGINGS: OLD NAVY | JEAN JACKET: OLD NAVY (SIM) | SWEATER: CHARTER CLUB (SIM) | RING: OH SO FITTING! | FLATS: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | NECKLACE: c/o THE PEARL SOURCE
GET THE LOOK WITH THIS DRESSY CASUAL ATTIRE (UNDER $100):
Linking up with: