So, I guess you are wondering where I've been for the past few months?? Well, it's been a hectic journey and I probably won't get to all of it during this post, but here are the highlights:
- I got pretty sick November of last year.
- I wound up leaving California and moving back to the South for treatment and to be closer to my family.
- I now live in Charlotte, NC, where I used to live about 5 years ago.
- The day I moved into my condo, it flooded, so I spent the next week living in a hotel and the following few months doing repairs. (This experience gave me a whole new understanding of Katrina victims and the people recently impacted by the floods in southern Asia. I can honestly say that I was devastated to come home to see 3 inches of water everywhere, all of my unpacked belongings soaked and my little kitties perched on top of the dresser like they had survived a shipwreck.)
- Along the way, I've started fostering two kitties (Prissy and Petey). I'll show you some pics some time. :)
- I've also spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Since I graduated from college (a decade ago), I've been moving non-stop. Every few years there was a new job, a new city and new people to meet. It was very exciting, but I made it too high of a priority. When I got sick (and it was kind of sudden), I went on leave from work for a long time. I'd never been away from work like that and it's really given me a chance to focus on me and how to create the most happiness in my life. I don't have all the answers now, but I'm motivated and working on it. :)
- I've started biking again and getting to know my friends in Charlotte.
- I've really missed talking to all of you and really appreciate the comments while I was on my "hiatus". I apologize to those of you who commented and are getting a very, very late response. I can't wait to dig back into everyone's blog and learn what you've been up to. :)
While I'm chatting, I want to thank Chadwicks of Boston for sending me this suit to review! They are a find for petites (they sell up to a size 16P) and also for plus sizes. (One awesome thing I learned about them is that they put elastic in the skirt band of the plus size version of this suit, making it super comfortable to sit in!)
I promise not to be gone so long in the future...talk to you soon!
SUIT SKIRT: C/O CHADWICKS | SUIT JACKET: C/O CHADWICKS
TOP: ANN TAYLOR | CARDIGAN: J.CREW FACTORY
GET THE LOOK WITH THESE BUSINESS CASUAL PIECES (UNDER $100):
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Linking up with: