Golden leaves, apple cider, jeans and leggings - that's what I think of when I think of fall. :) My street is lined with lovely trees, Starbucks has brought back their fall menu and I've got a drawer full of petite-length leggings. To me, that's a perfect way to start the season!
Since I"m 5'2" (not 6 feet tall as most legging designers seem to think I should be), I wanted to get a length that wouldn't puddle around my ankles. However, I couldn't find any at the mall. Thankfully, we have the internet and a quick visit to the online sites of Old Navy, The Limited, GAP and Ann Taylor solved my problem! As soon as I got my boxes, Minnie hopped in to inspect them, and then we settle down to write this review...
- Material: This pair from Ann Taylor is made out of great, heavy, stretchy material. Perfect for a true fall or winter, but a little hot for the 80 degree weather we've been having in California. (Not see through.)
- Fit: As with most leggings, I would size down from what you would wear in regular pants. These stretch a lot.
- Overall: On me, I'm not crazy about this cropped look, but I think they may work for someone else. Especially if you wear them with boots. You won't get all that bulk in the ankle area.
**GAP had a similar cropped legging with a side zipper. They were a little cheaper (I spent about $31) and fit the same as the Ann Taylor pair. You can purchase them here***
- Material: These jeggings from the GAP are stretchy, but substantial and a little darker in real life.
- Fit: Size down. During the day, the stretched a bit in the waist, so I did have to pull them up a few times. As for the length, they sold out of the petites by the time I placed my order, so you may not need to alter yours if you can get the petite length.
- Overall: A keeper!
- Material: These gray leggings from Old Navy are made out of a heavy, substantial, stretchy material. (Not see through.)
- Fit: A little snug in the waist, but the next size up was huge all over. Size down.
- Overall: Great price and a great, inexpensive alternative to the Ann Taylor pair. (They also come in black.)
- Material: A thinner, cotton blend than all the other pairs. Kinda your typical legging material. (A little sheer.)
- Fit: Size down 2 sizes. On me, the L Petite had extra material in the leg.
- Overall: I love these! The length is a little longer than my leg, so it scrunches nicely. Plus, they are light-weight enough to wear during the Indian summer.
Lastly, I want to share one of my favorite things to wear under leggings. These boyshorts from Soma have a vanishing edge, so there is very minimal VPL. Plus they are super comfy! (I would love to say that there is no VPL, but I gotta be honest - I have never found anything that completely gets rid of it.) :)
Soma Intimates • Vanishing Edge Microfiber Boyshort • $15.00–16.00
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any ideas for making my reviews more useful (or leggings/ jeggings to recommend)...please let me know!
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Linking up with: