This is the first month I've had the pleasure of participating in Franish's Budgeting Bloggers Linkup.
The purpose is for bloggers to create budgets for the month and hold each other accountable to them, so with out further delay...
My budget for September was $800, which was higher than normal for 2 reasons:
1. Now that I've moved to the Bay Area, I actually need fall and winter clothes like sweaters and jackets.
2. I've gained a little weight since last year, so I have to replace a lot of staples.
My goals for the month were to:
- Get clothes that were comfortable (duh!)
- Get clothes that didn't require a lot of alterations (you'll notice I bought a lot of knits and stretchy items)
- Stick to one color palette, so that everything could be mixed and matched (I chose this oxblood/ cranberry color, which is in all the stores right now)
- Not pay full price for anything (always my goal!)
This is what I got:
Budget for September $800
- Navy Blazer $24
- Petite Polka Dot Ann Cardigan $48
- Blue Cardigan $42
- Oxblood Cardigan $42
- Green Cardigan $42
- Navy Cardigan $35
- Gray Blazer $24
- Chevron Jacquard Skirt Dress $35
- Women's Poplin-Crepe Long-Sleeve Dresses $30
- Petite Spotted Skirt Dress $40
- Women's Quilted-Knit Skirts $20
- 1969 Legging Jeans $44
- NY Collection Printed A-Line Skirt • $33.99 $28
- Leafy Spot Doubleweave Cotton Pencil Skirt $35
- Mid Weight LOFT Scuba Flounce Skirt $40
- Wallet $51
- Cobalt dress from Macys $15
- 3 Tees and a Necklace from LOFT $56
- Black skirt & top from LOFT $49
- Black sweater from Old Navy $24
** Prices shown are what I paid. This includes store discounts & rewards.**
Sub Total = $866
Money from Consigning Clothes = ($296)
Total = $570
So, I came in about $230 UNDER budget! :)
Also, please consider voting for my room in the "Room for Color" contest! Click here to vote. (Contest ends this Friday 10/3.) Thank you!
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Linking up with: