In honor of spring, I decided to do a little cleaning...not the boring kind, like dusting and mopping, but the fun kind, like organizing my jewelry! I know some bloggers have figured out how to store all of their jewelry in drawers and little boxes, but I've decided to go with the "anti-minimalist" route. I call it "A Riot of Color", which I'm sure I've heard somewhere else, and it falls under the philosophy of "If it's pretty...show it off"!
I bought all of the storage items from Home Goods, Target and Ikea. I hope you have fun decorating and would love to see how you do it!
I also want to send a special shout out to Elba at Live Colorful! She has the best taste in colors and I always find her site inspiring. Check out her post on spring decoration: here!
Cute, Cheap Stuff to Inspire You!
Other Ways to Find Inexpensive Decorations
- Haute Look: They are an "event" site, so sign up for their emails to be alerted when a brand you like is being featured. Free shipping on orders over $100 and you can return to any Nordstrom Rack.
- West Elm: Normally pricey, but checkout their sale section for great trays and jewelry boxes.
- Urban Outfitters: Their home section has really cute stuff that looks like it comes from Anthropologie, but their prices are much better. They often have sales and free shipping over $50!
- H&M: They now sell home stuff! Great prices and cute stuff.
I'm also happy to announce that my Crushing on Orange Lips post was selected for IFB's Links a la Mode last week...please checkout all the other cool posts in the round-up:
What Makes You Beautiful?They say "Beauty comes from within," but then, why are we constantly trying to perfect our outsides? Beauty issues have been making waves on the internet the past few weeks. What makes us beautiful? What is beautiful? Well, those are some pretty heavy questions and perhaps the answer cliche as it is, you know, coming from within... That "within" also encompasses self-care and self love. This week we have some wonderful beauty posts, along with posts that share the love.
Links à la Mode: April 17th
- Adorned in Armor: Sisters Need Love Too
- Also Known as Anuli: Why Don't You Write a Letter?
- Aspects of Style: 4 Things Yoga Can Teach Us About Blogging
- Attire Club: Mens Mid-Spring Outfits: A Bright Easter
- Bonjourdin: Beauty Crush: Peach
- Burgundy Whispers: Beauty Bit: Clarins Skincare
- Daisychains and Daydreamers: Bournemouth Blogger's Clothing Swap
- DressCode:HighFashion: Backstage at Roberto Cavalli
- Fashion Tales Blog: The Smart Tech Traveler
- I Can Style U: Cat Eye vs. Bat Wing
- Lara Lizard: Beauty Tips From The Ladies of Medieval Europe
- Nothing 2 Wear Novello: Trending: Flamingos
- Petite Career Girl: Orange Lip Trend for Less than $10
- The Coveted: Why Do You Wear Makeup?
- The Dragonfruit Diaries: 3 Ways to Wear a Bodycon Dress for a Day
- The Stylist: Best Blogger Hairstyles
- Trend Survivor: Trend Posting: Sneakers & How to Wear Them
- Wear it Better: Do You Ever Get Tired of Blogging?
- We Are Ready Made: Hero of the Week: Phoebe Philo
- Wild Beauty World: What is Looking Young Anyway?