It's 80 degrees in Phoenix today and I'm wearing navy and green (one of my favorite combinations.) It's about to get really hot here, so I'm enjoying the mild weather. Did you know that it's 120 degrees pretty much every day in the summer!?! I can wear sandals year round, but I don't! I fight it and force the seasons. So, since it's still pleasant and I can wear long sleeve blouses, I was delighted to receive this blouse to review by Bradamant. You know how much I love bow-neck blouses, but the really cool thing about this blouse is that it's specially designed to stayed tucked-in smoothly. Read on...
(Full Disclosure: I used fashion tape to get the bow to stay so wide and open. :) If not, it would look more like the picture at the bottom.)
Blouse c/o Bradamant/ Tote/ Pants/Pin (Ebay, searched for "Vintage Bow Pins")/ Cuff (Rocks Box)/ Bracelet
"Everything that can be invented – has already been invented" (source)
We proved this wrong with the iPhone, now let's prove it wrong again! Take the plain collared shirt...it looks great, is slimming and adds a polished air to any look you have. I bet you thought it couldn't get any better? Sure, you can add new colors and prints, but surely there is nothing bold and compelling that you can do with a shirt. Right? Right?
Wrong! Look at what the ladies at Bradamant have done.
Now, I know a few of you may be saying that you've seen a body suit before, so what's the big deal? Well...
- These are high quality blouses, for instance this one is 100% silk.
- They are designed to be worn with modern low rise pants and skirts.
- They come in really cute designs that are in synch with the latest trends. Here are two of my favorites:
- Normally I buy a Medium Petite or Small Misses in tops at Gap, BR and Ann Taylor. However, since this top is 100% silk and I am neurotic about shirts fitting tight under my arms, I went with a medium. It fits perfectly, other than the sleeves. (This is always an issue for Petites). For this post I just cuffed them, but plan to get them tailored. (This should cost about $15-$20, since it's silk.)
Looking for ways to save?
- Bradamant has recently launched a program called Reach Rewards. In an effort to support women in their careers, Bradamant will award you points for your achievements! There are just 2 easy steps:
- Complete your task (Ex: Apply for a new job. Give a big presentation.)
- Share your achievement on Facebook or through email.
- Then, use your rewards towards your next purchase! Click here for additional details.
- Also, checkout their sale page.
Finally, I want to announce the Before I Shop Giveaway Winner: Alyssa Maddox. Congrats, Alyssa I will reach out to you by email!
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!