Who doesn't love the simplicity and flattery of a wrap dress? It's great to throw on when you have nothing to wear, but unfortunately it comes with a few challenges to work through. Never fear! Here's my guide to overcoming them:
1. How to keep your northern hemisphere under wraps (a.k.a "V-necks that show too much")
- Add a Button: your tailor can easily do this for $5-$10. It may take a couple of adjustments to get the button in the right spot, so try it on before leaving the shop.
- Add a Bralette: I've used this one from Gap. If you want a dressier option, checkout these from Urban Outfitters. Both are opaque, come in a bunch of colors and cost around $20!
2. How to have appropriate cloud cover below the equator (a.k.a "Handling the skirt flap")
- Some people have reported that their skirts flap open and show too much leg. I have never had this problem with the dress I recommend in this post, the Gemma dress. I have had this problem with Old Navy's, and would recommend getting one that doesn't flap open, or using a slip. Gap Body's slips are modern and slim fitting.
3. How to accessorize them so they are more than a one hit wonder?
- Try a simple pendant necklace that points toward the V. Or, wear a bejeweled statement necklace this sits on your collar bone.
- Also, try adding a pin.
(For more styling options in similar hues click here. :))
Take a plain old wrap dress:
Add a brooch:
Add a blazer:
Add a scarf:
(Sorry for the sloppy scarf...ugh...wish I had a stylist.)
Dress-solid, Dress-print, Dress-print/ Blazer/ Brooch Old Limited (similar)/ Scarf Ann Taylor (similar, similar)/ Tote
I want to thank Miriam from Made I.N.C. by Morales and Michelle from The Eclectic Vet for nominating me for the Liebster award! Checkout my Q & A here. I'm also happy to nominate the following blogs:
What is this award? This award is passed on to new, up-and-coming bloggers. Each person that gets nominated, has to answer 10 random questions from the person who nominated them, and then tag 10 more bloggers that have under 200 followers with 10 questions of their own. It allows people to meet knew bloggers and make new friends!
Questions to Answer:
1. What is your #1 fashion tip?
2. Are you a dog or cat person?
3. Which bloggers inspired you to blog?
4. Best dressed celeb?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What do you hope to accomplish through your blog?
7. What is your must-have splurge?
8. What are your 3 top closet staples?
9. Nail polish or natural nails?
10. What is your opinion of the blogging community?
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however If you decide to make a purchase through the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
- Follow your host Fizz and Frosting (via Bloglovin' or Instagram) and your co-host, Merrie of Petite Career Girl (via Bloglovin' or Facebook)
- Share a post, showing how you remixed an item - a top, skirt, jeans, purse, shoes -- it's completely up to you! Want to share a collage? Go for it!
- Link back to this post with a text link or by sharing the linkup button!
- We'd love for you to tweet using #MixItMon so we can help promote your posts!
Linking up with: