I've had the pleasure of working with Mel from Wondermika! We wanted to make sure that petite women are covered from work to weekend. You can check out her article here!
Please leave a comment and let me know how these tips work for you. :-)
- Get a White Shirt that fits! Check the shoulders, waist and sleeve length. You want this to fit perfectly, so you should probably start off with a petite size. (see step 5)
- Pencil Skirts are usually very lengthening as long as they are to the knee and graze your curves.
- Nude Heels are classic, lengthening and go with everything.
- Find a Tote that doesn't overwhelm you. I personally go for no more than a 6 1/2" handle drop and ensure that the bottom of the bag hits no lower than the top of my hip. Also, don't be afraid of color, you will stand out in the sea of black!
- Fit! Fit! Fit! Use a tailor to get the right fit. Shirts and blazers can be especially tricky, so follow these steps if you get hopelessly lost:
- Go to Nordstrom on a saturday morning
- Buy yourself a latte
- Walk over to the petite department, smile at one of the sales people and tell her what you need.
- Return in one week for your alterations. :)