Today I have the pleasure of being a part of a link up w/ the fabulous Lauren Slade from Style Elixir, as well as my fantastic co-hosts: Alyssa and Allison!
Pearls can be fabulous! They will add a glow to any skin tone, go with any color and automatically make you look classy! The problem is that sometimes they make you look too classic, as in 'out dated'. So, how to avoid that?
1. Grab a strand, preferably a triple strand like the one I have below (this is what it normally looks like)
2. Twist them. Tighter if you want a choker look or looser if you want them to hang longer.
3. Add a casual top, like a nice tee or a fitted cotton sweater. You are going for a juxtaposition between fancy and laid back.
4. Add some denim. I've opted for a chambray skirt, but jeans in any color are perfect too. If you are feeling creative, try a pair of boyfriend jeans rolled a few inches above the ankle.
5. Tie the different styles together with ballet flats or heels and you are done!
(See Fall 2013 Remix: Shopping Haul! for additional details.)
Consignment shop-chambray skirt, Ban Rep-red sweater, bracelet (old), Jcrew Factory-pearls, Ann Taylor-heels (similar), Michael Kors-watch (similar)
Style Elixir (follow here!) | Not Your Mom's Closet (follow here!) | Get Your Pretty On (follow here!) | Petite Career Girl (follow here!)
Friday's Fab Favorites Link Up:
2. Link up anything... it could be one of your previous posts that you like, or a post about your favorite things!
3. Please include a link back to this post within your post (because it's such a nice thing to do!)
4. Now simply add your link below! We hope you all enjoy meeting other bloggers and discovering some new things.
5. If you would like to Co-Host Friday's Fab Favorites, email email@example.com for more details!
Join The Link Up Now!